JDSU to Introduce New 4G/LTE Test Innovations at Mobile World Congress
Launch of LTE/4G Service Assurance Solution Ensures Mobile Data Service Quality
February 11, 2011 --
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/11 -- The introduction of accessLTE, a new service assurance solution supporting mobile service quality, is among the mobile test innovations JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) will have on display at Mobile World Congress next week in Barcelona, Hall 1.0, Stand 1A03, February 14-17, 2011.
JDSU's accessLTE brings critical service assurance applications for LTE/4G, including rigorous 4G session trace, a process that diagnoses, analyzes and correlates essential mobile subscriber services and performance data. This capability dramatically improves network performance, increases operational efficiency, reduces repair time, and pinpoints mobile network and service-affecting issues to minimize outages and their impact.
"With a sharp rise in mobile devices, network complexity and the immense appetite for high-bandwidth mobile video services, JDSU continues to deliver innovative test solutions for mobile service providers to deliver the highest level of service," said Tom Smith, senior vice president in JDSU's Communications Test and Measurement business segment "We are proud to showcase the latest of our mobile solutions, including the introduction of a cutting-edge service assurance tool, on the global stage of Mobile World Congress."
Additional JDSU mobile test highlights at Mobile World Congress:
- Enhanced mobile protocol tests capabilities designed to accelerate development, test and deployment timelines. Real-time key performance indicators (KPIs) and real-time LTE Uu tracing capabilities, combined with an Intelligent IP Processing architecture, provide unmatched scale and performance to reduce time-to-market for LTE and advanced 3G networks.
- Enhanced mobile drive test capabilities to handle the increase in mobile device types used by consumers, and address the increase of rich media content and the growing complexity and diversity of new services, including managing high-definition (HD) video testing.
- The latest in JDSU's mobile backhaul solutions, currently deployed by major operators worldwide, to successfully build, deploy, and manage Ethernet backhaul networks in all network layers from legacy TDM to next-generation LTE/4G. For more, www.jdsu.com/backhaul.
- The JDSU RF Analyzer JD746A, a multifunction portable handheld field test solution to ensure the reliable performance of cellular base stations or towers, the critical interface that makes the communication between mobile and fixed phones possible. The solution combines power monitoring, spectrum, interference, cable and antenna analysis capabilities in one tool.
- JDSU managed test services for quality mobile subscriber experience, including Roamernet for international QoS monitoring and MaxG for active performance monitoring using technology from PIXIP.net. For Ethernet/IP services, such as mobile backhaul, JDSU's suite of consulting and professional field testing services -- EtherReady, EtherVerify and EtherResolve -- provide test planning, mass-deployment readiness and troubleshooting expertise.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) enables broadband and optical innovation in the communications, commercial and consumer markets. JDSU is the leading provider of communications test and measurement solutions and optical products for telecommunications service providers, cable operators, network equipment manufacturers, enterprise customers, and mobile operators. JDSU is also a leading provider of innovative optical solutions for medical/environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, display, brand authentication, aerospace and defense, and decorative applications. To learn more about JDSU please visit www.jdsu.com, www.jdsu.tv, and follow JDSU on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdsu.
Copyright @ Marketwire