Big Switch Networks Honored as a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award Winner, Named One of the Best Places to Work in 2018
December 06, 2017 --
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Big Switch Networks, The Next-Generation Data Center Networking Company, today announced the company has been honored with a 2018 Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, which recognizes the Best Places to Work. The Employees’ Choice Awards program, now in its 10th year, relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies via Glassdoor.
“This recognition is meaningful as it demonstrates that Big Switch Networks’ employees believe in our vision and commitment to excellence,” said Douglas Murray, CEO, Big Switch Networks. “Big Switch is going through a period of hyper-growth, having nearly doubled headcount in 2017, and on track to do the same in 2018. Maintaining a culture based on the idea of mutual respect, where our employees take pride in the work they are doing, act as a cohesive team and feel good about the ways in which they are contributing is incredibly important as we scale the company, and we are putting a lot of thought into how we maintain this culture, as headcount continues to rapidly increase.”
Big Switch Networks is ranked 13 out of 50 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, US SMB list with an overall company rating of 4.8. Additionally, 99% of employees would recommend the company to a friend and 100% of employees approve of Big Switch CEO, Douglas Murray.
About working at Big Switch, employees said the following:
- “The product/technology is unique. Great company culture, benefits and overall atmosphere to work. The people here are just amazing. They are very open, knowledgeable and willing to help you to progress your career. Potential for advancement is very much available. I've been working here for 2 years and still find excitement coming to work everyday.”
- “Management legitimately cares about the progression of your career as an engineer.”
- “Upward trajectory with no signs of stopping.”
- “If you are a self starter that is eager to learn and tackle new problems the sky will be the limit here.”
- “A lot of opportunities to learn from smart and intelligent coworkers with myriad of experience; great work / life balance.”
- “Unique things: The technology is certainly unique--the commoditization, virtualization, and efficiency that have happened everywhere else in IT is finally happening in networking. When was the last time “better” also cost less? The people are also impressive--just the other day, I mentioned to an SE candidate that I’ve never worked with a more talented group. Also the company size--in a small company, your ideas (and your customers’) can have a more meaningful, quicker impact than they would at a larger company. Product managers actually initiate discussions with the SE team on product features, which is a great example of the cross-collaboration among teams throughout the company.”
To learn more about what employees think about working at Big Switch, check out our reviews: http://bit.ly/2iiPGD2.
“We know today’s job seekers are more informed than ever about where they go to work, researching everything from company culture to career opportunities to pay philosophy and more. To help people find companies that stand out from the pack, the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards recognize employers that are truly Best Places to Work because they’re determined by those who really know best - the employees,” said Robert Hohman, Glassdoor CEO and co-founder. “Employers where employees love to work continue to prove that they have a recruiting and business performance advantage. We’re proud to celebrate the 2018 winners as we mark our tenth anniversary of the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards.”
The Best Places to Work are determined using company reviews shared by U.S.-based employees between November 1, 2016 and October 22, 2017. To be considered for the small & medium category, a company must have less than 1,000 employees and have received at least 25 ratings across eight workplace attributes from U.S.-based employees during the period of eligibility. The final list is compiled based on Glassdoor’s proprietary algorithm, and takes into account quantity, quality and consistency of reviews.
For the complete list of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, please visit: http://bit.ly/2AuB63h
Blog: Uber, Culture, And The Most Important Lesson I Learned from Mark LeslieGreat Place to Work: Big Switch Networks
Press Release: Big Switch Momentum Continues with Triple Digit Growth During Fiscal Year 2017, Fueled By Product Innovation and Geographic Expansion
About Big Switch
Big Switch Networks is the Next-Generation Data Center Networking Company. We disrupt the status quo of networking by designing intelligent, automated, and flexible networks for our customers around the world. We do so by leveraging the principles of software-defined networking (SDN), coupled with a choice of industry-standard hardware. Big Switch Networks has two solutions: Big Monitoring Fabric, a Next-Generation network packet broker, which enables pervasive security and monitoring of data center and cloud traffic for inline or out-of-band deployments and Big Cloud Fabric, the industry's first Next-Generation switching fabric that allows for choice of switching hardware for OpenStack, VMware, Container, and Big Data use cases. Big Switch Networks is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.bigswitch.com or follow us on Twitter @bigswitch, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Big Switch Networks, the Big Switch Logo, Big Cloud Fabric, Big Monitoring Fabric, BigSecure, Big Chain, Switch Light OS, and Switch Light VX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Big Switch Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered marks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Glassdoor is one of the largest and fastest growing job sites in the world today. Set apart by the tens of millions of reviews and insights provided by employees and candidates, Glassdoor combines all the jobs with this valuable data to make it easy for people to find a job that is uniquely right for them. As a result, Glassdoor helps employers hire truly informed candidates at scale through effective recruiting solutions like job advertising and employer branding products. Launched in 2008, Glassdoor now has reviews and insights for approximately 700,000 companies in more than 190 countries. For labor market trends and analysis, visit Glassdoor Economic Research. For company news and career advice and tips, visit the Glassdoor Blog and for employer-related news and insights to help employers hire, visit the Glassdoor for Employers Blog. Visit Glassdoor.com or download our apps on iOS and Android platforms.
Media & Analyst Contact: